Have you ever gone to a summer movie in the park? Movies in the Park has got to be one of the funnest activities for families and couples. It takes minimal preparation which is my kind of date.
Grab some chairs or a blanket and head to a park to enjoy a variety of movies. Bring your own snacks or check ahead of time to see if any food trucks or vendors will be there.
Start times vary by city so make sure to double check. Most of the movies listed below are free entry. It will state if it costs to enter. Each city does their movies in the park on different days of the week so make sure you pay attention to the date.
If you want to really go all out, stop at the local movie theatre and get a big tub of popcorn to go or make some homemade popcorn at home to take. For our favorite ways to make homemade popcorn you can click here.
Salt Lake County
Draper Movies in the Park - Draper Amphitheater (944 E. Vestry Road, Draper)
Doors open at 8:30pm. Movie starts at 9:15pm.
- June 18th: Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure
Sandy Movies in the Park - Flat Iron Park (1700 east 8680 south, Sandy)
Each night has a theme which is listed below with the movie. The movie will begin at 7:30pm.
- June 11th: UP (*balloon night)
- June 18th: Avengers Endgame (*Superhero Night)
- June 25th: Secret Life of Pets 2 (*Pet Food Donation Night)
- July 30th: How to Train Your Dragon The Hidden World (*Dragons & Donuts Night)
Sandy Movies in the Park - Lone Peak Park (10140 south 700 east, Sandy)
- July 9th: Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker (*Glow Night)
- July 16th: Spider Man Far From Home (*Spider Man Appearance)
- August 6th: Frozen II (*Frozen Treat Night)
The Gateway Movies on the Plaza (18 north Rio Grande Street, SLC)
Head to The Gateway Wednesday nights at sunset to enjoy some feel-good movies under the stars of the historic Olympic Plaza. Enjoy some take-out from one of your favorite restaurants at The Gateway while there. We love Hall Pass. Movies are from 8pm-11pm.
- June 2nd: Scoob
- June 9th: 50 First Dates
- June 16th: TBD
- June 23rd: Footloose
- June 30th: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
- July 7th: TBD
- July 14th: Holes
- July 21st: WALL-E
- July 28th: The BFG
- August 4th: TBD
- August 11th: DoLittle
Kearns Movies in the Park - Oquirrh Park Fitness Center
Come beginning at 8pm. Movie will begin as soon as it is dark enough to show. Chomper’s Grill concessions will be open prior to the movie and stay open for one hour during the movie.
- June 4th: Bill and Ted Face the Music (Park Pavilion)
- June 11th: The Croods A New Age (Chomper’s Cove USA)
- June 18th: Miracle (Park Pavilion)
- June 25th: Tom & Jerry The Movie (Chomper’s Cove USA)
- July 9th: Sonic the Hedgehog (Park Pavilion)
- July 16th: Raya and the Last Dragon (Chomper’s Cove USA)
Millcreek has got it going on with what they call “Festival and Movie Night”. They’ve got stuff going on before the movies most nights including circus acts, live music, and more.
- June 4th: The Greatest Showman @ Canyon Rim Park (2900 east 3100 south) w/ The Night Circus starting at 6pm.
- June 11th: Ralph Breaks the Internet @ Millcreek Elementary (3761 south 1100 east) w/ Game Night starting at 6pm. June 18th: Mulan 1998 @ Big Cottonwood Regional Park (4300 south 1300 east) w/ Shine Your Light to celebrate World Refugee Day
- June 25th: Moana @ Churchill Jr. High (3450 e Oakview Dr) w/ Pure Adrenaline starting at 6pm
- July 2nd: Sandlot @ Evergreen Park (2266 e Evergreen Ave) w/ food trucks and a live DJ starting at 7:30pm.
- July 9th: Nacho Libre @ Scott Park (872 e Scott Ave) starting at 7:30pm.
- July 16th: The Princess Bride @ Canyon Rim Park (3100 south 2900 east) w/ a food truck face off starting at 6pm
- July 23rd: The Iron Giant @ Sunnyvale Park (4013 south 700 west) starting at 7:30pm
Gates open at 8:15pm. You must register for movies ahead of time.
- June 4th: Les Miserables @ Murray Park Amphitheater
- June 25th: Shark Tale @ Murray Park Outdoor Pool
- July 16th: Dr. Doolittle @ Ken Price Ball Park
- July 23rd: Soul Surfer @ Murray Outdoor Pool
- August 6th: Wonder Woman 1984 @ Ken Price Ball Park
- August 13th: Jumanji the Next Level @ Ken Price Ball Park
This is a drive in movie meant for teens but all are welcome. 8pm-11pm @ Field West of Mountain Ridge Jr High (10400 North)
- August 6th: TBD
- June 23rd: Trolls (location TBD)
Lehi Movies in the Park - Ashton Gardens @ Thanksgiving Point (3900 n Garden Dr., Lehi)
Admission free for Thanksgiving Point Members. $10 tickets for all other guests. Movie begins at dusk.
- July 2nd: The Lego Movie
- July 9th: Detective Pikachu
- July 16th: The Croods, A New Age
- July 23rd: Raya and the Last Dragon
- July 30th: The Lego Batman Movie
Movies begin at dusk.
- June 4th - The Croods A New Age @ Pioneer Park
- June 25th - Trolls World Tour @ Fryer Park
- July 16th: A Goofy Movie @ City Center Park
- August 3rd: Raya and the Last Dragon @ Pioneer Park
Provo Movies in the Park - Rock Canyon Park (2620 Iroquois Dr., Provo)
- June 7th: Parent Trap
- June 14th: Emperors New Groove
- June 21st: Big Hero 6
- June 28th: Spiderman Far From Home
Tickets must be purchased at the front desk and are available now.
- June 4th: Lilo & Stitch
- July 9th: Aladdin @ Orchard Cove
- August 2nd: Tom & Jerry @ Rodeo Grounds
- August 13th: Raya and the Last Dragon @ Sunset Trails
Orem @ SCERA Shell Outdoor Theatre (600 south 400 east, Orem)
Movies begin at dusk. You can rent a chair for $1 (limited quantities). Individual Movie Admission: $4 adult, $3 child age 3-11 & senior 65+. Outdoor Movie Series (includes all six movies): $12 adult, $9 child age 3-11 & senior 65+.
- June 9th: Raiders of the Lost Ark
- June 16th: The Princess and the Frog
- July 7th: Disney’s Descendants
- July 14th: Annie
- August 4th: Onward
- August 11th: Cars
Enjoy a movie @ City Park (49 s Main St.) the first Friday in June, July and August. Food trucks will start at 5pm with a movie beginning at dusk. There will also be movie-themed activities for kids prior to the movie.
- June 4th: The Lion King
- July 2nd: Jumanji the Next Level
- August 6th: Tom & Jerry
Springville Movies in the Park - Spring Acres Arts Park (620 south 2350 east)
Gates open at 7pm with the movie starting at dusk (around 9pm). Concessions will be provided by various local food vendors or you can bring your own snacks.
- June 7th: The Lion King
- June 21st: The Croods - A New Age
- June 28th: DoLittle
- July 12th: The Sandlot
- July 18th: Raya and the Last Dragon
Food Trucks from the Food Truck Roundup will be there by 5pm. Splash pad hours extended to 8pm. Movie will begin at dusk.
- June 19th: Field of Dreams - Heritage Park (250 Fairfield Rd)
- July 2nd: The Sandlot - Barnes Park (1220 W 200 N)
- August 21st: Herbie Fully Loaded -Heritage Park (250 Fairfield Rd)
Layton Movies in the Park @ Kenley Ampitheater (403 N Wasatch Drive)
All movies will begin at 7:30pm.
- June 4th: Annie
- June 11th: Selena
- June 18th: Remember the Titans
- June 25th: Newsies
- July 2nd: An American Tail - Fievel Goes West
- July 9th: Jurassic Park
- July 16th: A Wrinkle in Time
- July 23rd: High School Musical
- July 30th: Sister Act
- August 6th: The Land Before Time
- August 13th: Pokemon Detective Pikachu
- August 27th: Return to Me
Every Tuesday @ the Miller Sports Campus come for tacos and a movie.
- June 1st: Cars
- June 8th: Tangled
- June 15th: Antman
- June 22nd: Megamind
- June 29th: Black Panther
- July 6th: Remember the Titans
- July 13th: Lilo & Stitch
- July 20th: Despicable Me
- July 27th: Big Hero 6
- August 3rd: Harry Potter & the Sorcerers Stone
- August 10th: Moana
- August 17th: Pirates of the Caribbean
- August 24th: Emperors New Groove
- August 31st: Tarzan
Park City Movies in the Park - Twilight Drive-In @ the Utah Olympic Oval
Costs $30 per car
- June 3: Thor Ragnarok
- June 4th: Dazed & Confused
- June 12th: Nomad Land
- June 17th: Spy Kids
- June 24th: La Bamba
- June 26th: The Big Lebowski
Movies will be shown on the 2nd and 4th Fridays in Town Square. The movie begins at dusk.
- May 28th: Karate Kid
- June 11th: Onward
- June 25th: The Addams Family
- July 9th: Brave
- July 23rd: Secret Life of Pets 2
- August 13th: Rudy
- August 27th: Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
The movies will begin at dusk @ Manti City Park
- May 28th: How to Train Your Dragon
- June 11th: The Emperors New Groove
- June 25th: My Spy
- July 16th: Aladdin
- July 30th: Raya and the Last Dragon